Our multidisciplinary care team of Washington University physicians, nurses, and other staff members provide care for children and adults with TSC.
The Washington University Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic offers the following services at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and affiliated sites:
- Initial diagnostic evaluation
- Comprehensive diagnostic evaluation for TSC, including:
- physical exam
- laboratory testing
- radiographic studies
- Follow-up care: Coordinated care for ongoing medical issues, involving multiple medical specialties
- Inpatient care for urgent/emergent medical issues
- Scheduled radiographic screening and/or monitoring for TSC-related tumors, according to recommended guidelines
- Genetic testing and genetic counseling
- EEG/Video-EEG monitoring for seizure/epilepsy evaluation
- Treatment of intractable epilepsy and infantile spasms
- Neuropsychological/behavioral testing
- Medical and surgical treatment for the full range of TSC-related organ systems, including multiple subspecialists from cardiology, dermatology, nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, oncology, ophthalmology, pulmonology, and urology.
- Educational and social support related to TSC, in conjunction with the TS Alliance